Daylilies should be on your mind. They probably aren’t – but let’s change that. One of the easiest ways to increase your home’s curb appeal is to spruce up your landscaping. With just some time in the yard and a small amount of money spent, your home can have a beautiful garden to enjoy.
Daylilies are a great option in particular because they do well in Coastal Texas, and the planting time is March to Early May. So go get some daylilies, it isn’t hard – I promise!
I’m going to tell you the 10 essential steps to
Have Healthy, Long Living Daylilies:
- Find an area of your yard that has full sun or at least 6 hours of sun a day.
- Have at least 1 ft. of any good soil and throw in extra organic matter – like moss, compost, sticks, etc. – where you are going to plant them.
- It’s best to put them on a higher area so the soil drains better.
- Remove any decayed or damaged roots from the plants you buy at store.
- Soak the plant in water for a few hours.
- Plant the new plants in as deep as they originally grew. *Not up to the crown – where the foliage and roots join.
- Dig a hole larger than root mass.
- Set the plant in place with the roots spread in evenly.
- Place dirt in around the plant
- Add washed sand around the top and under the crown for better drainage in our local soil conditions.
Go enjoy the spring and increase your home’s curb appeal with some gardening! As always, call Provenzano Properties for all your real estate needs!